Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryan11878
Level 7

Remote not pairing to Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810

This is posted in some variation elsewhere, but I'm finding no answers.  I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810) brand new right out of the box and it will not pair with the included remote.  I've swapped batteries, rebooted everything 12,000 times and nothing.  Tried keeping the HDMI connector away from the TV as suggested by roku (asinine as that may be).  I can't use any of the suggested tips in many of these forums because this stick is brand new and not yet connected to my wifi, which I cannot do without the original remote pairing with it.  Any ideas, or is this product junk and needs to go back?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote not pairing to Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810

If you hold down the pairing button in the battery compartment does the green light come on?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ryan11878
Level 7

Yes, comes on blinking green.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

So it looks like the remote is doing something.  I don't know how you could keep the HDMI connector away from the TV with a stick unless you get the extension cable.  They tell you to do that because the TV itself could be generating interference.  Make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port.  It may be easier to just try to exchange it wherever you got it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos