Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brenda7

Re: pairing light always blinking

From what I can tell, I have a simple remote....but it does have a pairing button on the back, and once I tried following directions to umpair and pair, the green light never stops!  

0 Kudos
WenTian
Reel Rookie

Hi, Brenda7,

If you're using a Roku stick, please check if it has a reset button on the stick.  You may search for Roku Stick Reset Button to find out where it is located.

I solved my problem by pushing that button to hard-reset the stick first then following the pairing steps.

0 Kudos
MirtuOsso

Same issue here: remote stopped working on two Roku sticks within one week from each other. Either there was some firmware update that caused it or it is a simple planned obsolesence. Basically forcing us to buy new Roku streaming devices. 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@MirtuOsso  nah, you obviously have an internal failure developed in either the remotes or both Rokus.  I bought the official Roku manufactured RC-AL7 Regular Voice Remote for my Roku Express+ 3910 and it has no problem.  Contact Roku’s Customer Support Here: https://support.roku.com/contactus
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MirtuOsso

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model devices are you experiencing remote issues with? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kewlsamurai
Reel Rookie

I read all the 9 pages and seems like this problem started in 2020 and still exists. I have same issue what most of the people has described here

i.e. -Roku remote suddenly stopped working

-led light on remote blinks very fast when i reconnect the battery.

-Tried all the steps in troubleshooting guide mentioned many times by Roku support but no help. I did not try factory reset/hard reset as many people reported that makes device dead, now atleast working with phone app but if it doesnt pair after reset then its dead device. 

- Have ordered HDMI extender cable through support and will confirm if that helps. 

Considering this problem is running for last 2 years and many have reported this should be somewhere lying in roku software which needs to be fixed. Also its reported by users of different roku devices so its hard to believe that suddenly remote goes bad. 

0 Kudos

Y’all! I solved it! I was having this same problem and after trying everything I switched to a different power cord and it solved the problem. 

0 Kudos