Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lakrow
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote not pairing - always blinking

Thanks. Serial number: 21512C489780

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@lakrow

Appreciate the reply. 

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Outshined

Kariza,

Read thru the entire thread. My remote is also "on the blink" (please don't send me any links with instructions on how to fix this... PLEASE... I've read them and tried them all)

I dunno how to PM anybody. I looove Roku interface (I have 3 sticks).

But Roku remotes SUCK.

3810x: S/N: 21512A794372

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Outshined

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mmcm

@RokuDanny-R  I’m having same issue. This was working yesterday and now stopped.  Some suggest to use the iPhone app to reset, but the device is not being discovered. White blinking, green blinking, new batteries, et. al. the above.  SKU 3810RW. SN 22511G274416 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mmcm

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Fix your remote

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please let us know and I'll be able to pass along your information to our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dubsy08

Preface: I was using the USB-HDMI cable to power the device. I was getting the low power screen and finally decided to buy a cable to plug into the wall which is where I began running into issues

I had this same issue and was able to resolve it as follows:

First I bought a new device and that one did the same thing

Second I went though the following troubleshooting steps which did resolve the issue for me on both devices. You have a very small window of time to do this while the device is attempting to boot up and the white light is on solid:

1) Make sure there are no other wireless devices between the remote and the TV (just to rule out interference)

2) Unplug the device and USB cable from the TV

3) Remove remote batteries from remote

4) Plug USB into port on computer, then plug into device

5) Plug device into HDMI port on computer

***Important Note: The device will not show up on your computer as a drive or otherwise. This isn't important. The point is to get the device and remote close together and allow for easy troubleshooting

6) Put batteries back into remote

7) Once the white light on the device is on solid: Press the pair button for 2-5 seconds

😎 Once the green light on the remote goes off, press random buttons on the remote and watch the light of the device. If it blinks when you press buttons, it's synced

9) If the green light doesn't stop blinking, try again starting from step 3

10) Plug device back into TV

Disclaimer: I had to try so many times, steps may vary

0 Kudos
WenTian
Reel Rookie

Hi, Dubsy08,

In your post, "Device" and "Computer" refers to the same thing, is it correct?  If so then it tells me that you connect your Roku stick to a computer's HDMI port and using a USB port on the same computer to supply power to the Roku stick.  Do you watch Roku streaming on a computer? Or the setup you described, Computer-Roku-Roku Remote, is only for fixing the Roku and remote pairing problem?

In my case, I intend to watch Roku streaming via a TV (I'm trying to connect a brand new Roku stick to a TV)  I've tried your steps but I've had no luck yet.  

I've a non-stop blinking pairing led on the Roku remote so it refuses to pair with Roku stick.  I've tried many times the steps Roku support suggested but no avail.  

I know my problem was the result of connecting the Roku stick on a 2nd TV without doing a factory reset first.  Now the remote control can't communicate with the Roku stick at all.  I may need Danny to connect me to Roku Tech support to resolve this problem.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
SEAOTTER99
Reel Rookie

My solution to the pairing problem may not be relevant to your circumstances.  I had the stick powered by an ac adapter cable plugged into a wall outlet.  No pairing.  After a lot of frustration, including trying the hdmi extender that Roku will supply on request, I moved the power connection to the usb port  on the tv.  Paired instantly.

0 Kudos
WenTian
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos