Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Remote not pairing - always blinking

Hello!

Same issue, remote worked fine last night, woke up this morning and now it's not. Went through all the steps in support documents, new batteries, unplug Roku, etc etc to no avail. Did you get your issue fixed or have to get new remote? 

Roku Ultra
Living room
Serial number:  YJ006L754932

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Momofawesome 

Thanks for the post.

If you are not able to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AnnaD

having the same problem with remote not working, yellow light still flashing. On the tv screen, Roku home page, a small blue box at the bottom with a triangle and two lines keeps moving across the screen while flashing. What does that mean?

0 Kudos
estaban
Reel Rookie

Same issue: Brand new batteries, green light rapidly flashing. Pressing button changes nothing. Remove batteries, replace batteries, green light flashing again whether button is pushed or not. Is there a way to re-set the remote?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@AnnaD @estaban 

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend taking a look a the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BennyJS

I an having same issue. Headphone jack stopped working first. Tried to re-pair the remote and now it just blinks when I reinsert batteries even without pushing reset button.

0 Kudos
Shawnakane

Re: pairing light always blinking

I’m having the same problem with two Roku remotes. This is obviously a common problem. Blinking light doesn’t stop and still not pairing which renders your product useless. You shouldn’t be selling a product without supplying customer support of some sort. I have an Airbnb now and no TV because I can’t wait for you to respond via email etc. I will not  be buying any more Roku’s

0 Kudos
Shawnakane

Oh and btw. None of us are referring to the enhanced anywhere remote. Your instructions to go to that link do not apply to the remotes we are referring to. I have the basic Roku remote and there is nothing online to help with the issue of green flashing light and no pairing. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Shawnakane 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that you posted in a thread that was titled pairing light. A pairing light on a remote refers to enhanced remotes as they are the only type of remotes that have a pairing light/button. If you do not have an enhanced remote, you would have a simple IR remote.

For troubleshooting steps regarding IR remote issues, visit our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nikki2

There evidently is something going on with the roku remotes systematically. Mine just all of a sudden is doing the exact same thing. It started unpairing itself a few weeks ago, but I would press the pairing button and it would work. Now the pairing green light is constantly flashing, regardless of whether I remove the batteries or not. But it will not pair. I eventually just downloaded the roku app on my android phone and now have to use it... 

0 Kudos