Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devanb
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote not pairing - always blinking

I just wanted to add myself to this list of customers experiencing remote pairing failures.

I also have a 3810x and associated remote.  Tried to factory reset the 3810x (holding for 20s until slow flash) and put fresh batteries into the remote.

Upon booting, the screen is stuck on the pairing instruction image but even though the green LED on the remote is flashing, and the devices are touching each other, pairing does not proceed.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thank you,

Devan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Kwilli
Reel Rookie

Ugh!  Yeah That is what I thought.  I came to the conclusion this weekend I’d likely have to do that if I don’t want to keep using my phone as a remote.  Thanks for your fast response! 

0 Kudos
YankeeDocNJ
Reel Rookie

The bottom line is that as good as ROKU devices are, their live customer support is NON-EXISTENT!!  We should be able to call and get a human being to help us with this rather than have to rely on this forum.  When a stick does not pair and it is not connecting you cannot use the APP!!  They should be able to help us rather than have us throw them out and buy new ones!!

Artist

This just happened to us too.  I have two different Roku 3 boxes and two remotes that suddenly stopped working.  I tried everything that everyone else has, and I am very frustrated.  Roku has always been our go to and we have many boxes from brand new to these two 3's.  What are we to do?  I do not want to have to use my phone as my remote.  I believe that Roku has to do another update to revive this issue.  Way too many people are complaining about this exact issue for it to be a fluke.

Roku... help us please.  I was a diehard fan until this started 2 days ago.  I have purchased Roku for family members and also suggested it to many friends over the years.  I am embarrassed if this is what your new trend is going to be.  UGH!!!

0 Kudos
SEAOTTER99
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem.  Green light always flashing with batteries installed. Won't pair.  I have:  Roku Stick 3810X and remote RC-AL7.  I reset the stick by holding the button on the stick.  The screen now shows;  "Pair your remote', with three diagrams:  1.  remote with cover sliding off.  2.  finger holding pairing button and green stop watch reading ":05".  3.  remote showing green light flashing.  Help, please!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SEAOTTER99

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried following the steps that are shown on screen? 

For more troubleshooting steps regarding pairing your remote, we would recommend checking out our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SEAOTTER99
Reel Rookie

Yes.  I followed the procedure several times.  The only thing I have not been able to do is to use an hdmi extension cable, which I do not have.  Since i did a hard reset, I no longer get the home page.  The first screen is the language choice screen, which eventually, on its own, changes to the 'pair the remote" screen with the three diagram steps to pair remote.  Can't get past that screen.

I also sent you a pm yesterday with serial number of the 3810X stick.

Thanks for responding.  This is a real mystery.

0 Kudos
ParrT
Reel Rookie

Same issue here. 3810

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ParrT

Thanks for the post.

For more troubleshooting steps regarding pairing your remote, we would recommend checking out our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ParrT
Reel Rookie

Danny,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, there was no info or advice within the link you shared that remedies my situation. What is the next step toward getting a functioning setup?

Tommy

0 Kudos