Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YankeeDocNJ
Reel Rookie

Remote not pairing - always blinking

I have two Roku sticks with remotes that have stopped pairing. I have changed the batteries, and moved to a different Wi-Fi area. I have follow the instructions on disconnecting the power from the stick, removing the batteries from the remote, then booting the stick back up, waiting until the home screen is active, then putting the batteries back in the remote. Each time, the green light on the remote on the inside of the battery compartment continues to blink Green whether or not I push the button.  This is on two sticks and remotes. Any idea what to try next?  With no customer support I am hesitant to go out and buy another one. I have even wiped one stick clean and tried to start from scratch but neither remote will pair with it. Help!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
86 REPLIES 86
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote not pairing - always blinking

@YankeeDocNJ 

Thanks for the note.

Are you making sure that when you place the new batteries in the remote that you are pressing and holding the pairing button for 5 seconds or until you see the light inside the battery compartment or on the front of the remote begin to flash.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps on our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue with your remote, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number(s) of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
YankeeDocNJ
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the reply. 
One problem is that the remotes both start flashing green from the second I put the batteries in.  I then try to press for 5+ seconds (have tried varying intervals with no success) and it still will not pair. If I leave it for a while - the green battery compartment stops flashing. I then tried to press it - no luck. 

What is weird is that they worked fine before.  No other changes to the three other Rokus on my network. This is two streaming sticks with two previously linked and working remotes with fresh batteries.  

I can’t get the serial number because I can’t get to the settings!  And when plugged in neither streaming stick is showing up on my app. 

Any other suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks!!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@YankeeDocNJ 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
YankeeDocNJ
Reel Rookie

I cant get the serial number as I cant get the Roku to respond to any remote...

0 Kudos

Hi, is there a way to fix this? I’m having the exact same issue. 

radiomd1340
Reel Rookie

pairing light always blinking

My roku remote just stopped working for no reason.  I cannot get it to pair. The second I reinsert the batteries the pairing light starts blinking but never pairs. I've tried rebooting the roku, holding the reset button etc. No luck. The reset button doesn't seem to do anything. Now what?

0 Kudos
SCUpstate

Dear RokuDanny-R,

I'm having the same trouble - but I do have my Serial Number . . . would it be possible to send you S/N and Roku email address . . . although I'll need to ask how to PM you.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: pairing light always blinking

@radiomd1340 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps offered on our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SCUpstate 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos