Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boscoebiz
Level 7

Remote no longer working. Pairing light flashes non stop.

I've tried replacing batteries and standard reboots. The remote pairing light flashes nonstop and the roku ultra cannot find the remote to pair. I bought the ultra less than 4 months ago.

Is the remote under warranty. Will Roku replace it for free?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Boscoebiz
Level 7

Re: Remote no longer working. Pairing light flashes non stop.

Also you can't actually speak to a person at Roku. Which is bogus.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Boscoebiz 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JorjasPandora
Level 7

This happened to me too. I bought brand new batteries because I thought that's what the problem was. What is the blinking light for?

0 Kudos
Boscoebiz
Level 7

The light, if it flashes slowly, means the remote is pairing with your device.  It stops usually once remote is paired and working.

Mine was flashing rapidly and would not pair or stop flashing.  I tried all reboots, changing batteries (even tried the trick i found online about trying different brands of batteries).  Nothing worked so i ended up buying a new remote. 

0 Kudos