Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rimeta3098
Level 8

Remote model number confusion

So I had a remote die on me, so I purchased the Enhanced Voice Remote, apparently model number RC506. Anyway, that new remote promptly failed and I'm going through the warranty. They asked me to confirm the model I purchased so I looked inside the battery compartment date and it says "model RC-EL3".

I can't find anything on the model number listed inside the remote. Anyone know what this model actually is?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote model number confusion

The RC-EL3 is the remote manufacturers model of the remote, where the rc506 is what is found in the menu and its roku's model number of the remote. Later remotes may have different discrete app buttons and so the RC506 will change to different model number. But the number in the battery compartment will still have the rc-eL3. Give them both, RC-EL3 & RC506. I have four of those combination remotes. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.