Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andresmbq
Reel Rookie

Remote lost signal, did factory reset now i cant configure wifi

So my remote suddenly lost signal while I was browsing so i re-started the roku, removed the remote batteries nothing worked, i decided to factory reset the roku but now i cant move from the select language screen because remote still not working and since the roku is not connected to the wifi I can't use the android remote either.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote lost signal, did factory reset now i cant configure wifi

Hello @Andresmbq

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Could you try re-pairing your remote to your Roku device and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing? We recommend doing basic troubleshooting steps on that Roku remote and checking if these steps would resolve this issue: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working 

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Andresmbq
Reel Rookie

Controller did not have a pairing button, purchased a new one and its working fine, previous one definitely died jus after couple of weeks ... now im having issues with the apps crashing and sending me back to the home screen wich i see is a common topic in the community, loving this thing!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

No pairing button means it's an IR remote. It does not need to be paired. There are ways to test an IR remote, but since you replaced it you might not want to bother. I will mention that the IR remote might require the batteries to be inserted differently than you expect. Some Roku remotes have the batteries inserted in opposite directions, while others require them in the same direction. 

To test the IR remote, look at the emitter end through a digital camera (such as the camera in your phone) and watch it when you press buttons on the remote. If you don't see a flashing light when you press buttons, the remote is not working. If battery replacement doesn't change anything, then the remote is likely defective. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos