Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bleonard
Level 7

Remote light TOO BRIGHT

The light at the center bottom of the 55 in Roku TV is so bright it lights up my whole bedroom. It defeats the purpose of having a TV timer so I can watch TV in bed at night. I put black tape over it and then I can't use the remote to turn it off in case I go to sleep before the timer. This is a real problem for such a big purchase installed in my bedroom.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Remote light TOO BRIGHT

What brand of Roku TV? I have an Insignia and Sharp version, and there's no light there. There are a number of other brands. Roku doesn't make the TVs, they only provide the operating system. Your tape solution should work, as long as you don't cover the IR receiver. But not knowing your TV brand, someone can't offer any suggestions. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

I believe in settings, there's a way to turn it off entirely.
0 Kudos
Bleonard
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
What brand of Roku TV? I have an Insignia and Sharp version, and there's no light there. There are a number of other brands. Roku doesn't make the TVs, they only provide the operating system. Your tape solution should work, as long as you don't cover the IR receiver. But not knowing your TV brand, someone can't offer any suggestions. 

The tv is a roku tcl
0 Kudos
Bleonard
Level 7

My tv with the bright light is a TCL Roku 55 inch
0 Kudos

"Bleonard" wrote:
My tv with the bright light is a TCL Roku 55 inch

You can turn it off in Settings/Power menu.
0 Kudos
Bleonard
Level 7

OMG. This seems too good to be true. I was really so upset about this light at night. This was so simple. Thank you thank you thank you scottypie1234!
0 Kudos