Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote eating batteries

Jump to solution

Hi @gratefulmets,

Thank you for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing.

Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gratefulmets
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do I send a private message?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @gratefulmets,

Thanks for the question.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Roku-Community/Welcome-to-the-Community/m-p/514427#M125...

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gpsmario
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries.

Jump to solution

I have multiple Roku streaming stick plus devices. I have to change the batteries in one of the remotes about every two weeks. (all the other remotes are fine).  The remote with the problem is the original streaming stick + that I purchased about two years ago for my exercise room.  I only use it 4-5  times a week to turn the TV off and on and change channels.  Are you able to help me figure out what is wrong with this remote? Thanks

0 Kudos
David12508
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After over a hour on the phone they had my take out one batter hold down the power and I think the up arrow at the same time and go in to settings a rest the remote pairing thing and it has worked for me so far. 

0 Kudos
DAR1

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with the remote dying every week. Can you help?

0 Kudos
SueD65

Jump to solution

Re: Batteries

I learned on one forum to make sure the remote was set to "Home" before turning off. We've had ours for 3 weeks, so we'll see! Good luck!

0 Kudos
sgb1959

Jump to solution

Bob , were you provided a solution for remote draining batteries? I'm having same problem with streaming stick plus. 

0 Kudos
voltz

Jump to solution

My remote batteries drain very fast 

Remote RC-AL7

serial 215047310749

[personal information removed]

I know from previous there are newer remotes out there

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @voltz @sgb1959,

We appreciate your contact for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing.

Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About. Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos