Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David12508
Level 8

Remote keeps draining batteries.

I have to change the batteries every day yes the batteries are brand new but it keeps draining them. Contacting support is a joke. I won’t be buying any more Roku products again. 

33 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries.

@David12508

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cobbybollins
Level 7

Is there a solution to this.  My original Roku 3 remote drains batteries once a day. I just received my second replacement remote and it only works 12 inches from the unit. Very unfair.  Why won't Roku address this issue.  Am I missing something or doing something wrong. Has anyone found a solution. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Birkato
Level 7

I too am having problems with remote batteries draining quickly. In my case, they last about 3 weeks.  My serial is YF006J113441.  Can anything be done about this?

0 Kudos
David12508
Level 8

I finally got ahold of Roku they said it was tcl issue I called tcl they said they have this problem a lot I guess. 

0 Kudos
Birkato
Level 7

What is a "tcl issue'.  From a Google search, it appears that a company called TCL may manufacture the remotes for Roku.  Has anyone had luck with getting Roku to replace their remote?  I haven't changed my TV remote batteries for probably 6 years.  May be cheaper for me to just buy a new Roku remote than keep changing batteries!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Birkato,

Thanks for the post.
I have already escalated this issue to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
BobSilver51
Level 7

I have a Roku Ultra, purchased within the past four months, and the remote is draining batteries at a record pace. Most recent example: I replaced the batteries yesterday and they are dead today.

I also have a Roku stick on another TV and haven't experienced any problems with the batteries in that remote.

Removing the batteries b/w remote use or using my phone app as the remote aren't acceptable answers for this issue. This seems like a chronic problem with the Roku remote - what's the fix? My device should still be under warranty.

I really like the Roku platform but may have to ditch it, eat the cost on the new Ultra and move over to the Amazon Fire Stick or another device.

MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @BobSilver51,

Thanks for letting us know about the battery drain issue that you are experiencing. 

Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
BobSilver51
Level 7

Hi Mary

Not sure how to send a PM. LMK how and I'll connect with the info. Thx!

Bob

0 Kudos