Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darewear
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries.

Jump to solution

Hello, BobSilver51

I had The very same problem with the Ultra. The remote was constantly draining the batteries.  I'd thought I had troubleshot every possible option and to no prevail.  You should have a 1-year warranty on your device through Roku, may depend on when and how you purchased Your Ultra but I reached out and posted on this forum and Roku replaced and shipped me a new remote within 7 days.  It appears to now be working fine and the white light on the box unit now turns off when I turn off the remote.  That may have been the problem for batteries draining so quickly, the signal from the remote not communicating to the box.  I have a Roku stick on another TV and have never had to change batteries.  I have a Firestick and it's far less superior and much slower than a Roku.   Hopefully, you can resolve the issue with Roku,

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote batteries die with 2 weeks ? How to address this issue

Jump to solution

@maruthi

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tigre
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Wireless Speakers and it's the Table Top Remote that's causing the problems.

bdvemt

Jump to solution

Trying to private message the way Roku Community states, when viewing your profile the contact me section doesn't have a clickable button.

greywolfe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yesterday remote batteries were changed based on message that old one's level was low. With new batteries, device reports 1% battery left.

Roku Ultra is up to date re. software. Remote continues to work, at least for now.

Could this be a software issue?

Update, 4-18-21: OK, this is ridiculous, batteries just went dead after changing two days ago. This issue needs to be addressed ASAP or the Roku goes in the bin. FYI, everything seemed to be fine until the software update a few days ago.

Angelshearer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny, We are having the same issue.  Our remote last about a week and I pull the batteries when we are using it.  If not, it was Killing 2 batteries daily..Roku express purchased in late December .  

sarahn

Jump to solution

I also have this issue with the remote draining batteries daily. I see various support folks saying to send a direct message with system details, but I do not see any direct message capabilities. How do I do that?

Hjf

Jump to solution

Same issue, not able to send PM to @RokuDanny-R because the option isn't there. Is there a fix for the battery drain issue on Model 3810X other than getting a replacement remote?

If not, with the amount of posts about the same issue, a better (workable) contact method may be necessary.

markym89

Jump to solution

i feel your frustration.....   i have many streaming sticks -- the battery life is so-so on most of them - however, one of the streaming stick remote's batteries needs to be changed about every other day -- its really annoying !!  

0 Kudos
Angelshearer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Note, i have 4 Roku devices in my house.  This is the only one that is causing me problems.  The others, i have Never changed the batteries. 

0 Kudos