Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfunkthemonk
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries.

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. My roku remote battery drains in 1-2 weeks

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jfunkthemonk,

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried following the solution that was previously posted?

If the issue still persists, kindly send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jfunkthemonk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I haven’t really seen any way to fix the issue from the thread other than send my serial # and a private message. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jfunkthemonk,

Thanks for the note.

We have released an update to your remote that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing. Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About. Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred.
Please let us know if you notice any improvements in battery life or if the issue is persisting.
Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tjzstar

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same issue. My 3810X Roku remote is going through batteries every few weeks. Please provide the email address where I can send the serial number of my Roku stick to find a solution to this problem.

Thank you,

Tobi

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@tjzstar

Thanks for the post.

Please see @RokuMary-F previous post for further assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
maruthi

Remote batteries die with 2 weeks ? How to address this issue

Jump to solution

Hi

I need to change batteries every 2 weeks since i bought the device. How to resolve the issue

0 Kudos
YoVal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I have two Roku Sticks w/remotes. One has no problems. The other goes through batteries at the rate of a set every two weeks. My clumsy solution so far is to remove the batteries when not in use.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@YoVal

Thanks for the post.

As stated previously in this thread, we have released an update to remotes that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing. Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About. Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred.
Please let us know if you notice any improvements in battery life or if the issue is persisting.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tigre
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah I’m having the same problem with my Table Top remote.  Batteries drain within a month even though I barely use it and restarting my tv does nothing because I have to restart it frequently since getting Roku wireless speakers.  Is their another work around besides not keeping the batteries in the remote.

0 Kudos