Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vvlerinv

Remote just stopped working and is making whining noise

My remote just stopped working out of no where and is making a whining noise. I’ve replaced the batteries several times and the same thing is happening. There’s no help for support via phone and haven’t seen much helpful content online, but I do see other people are having this issue

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Remote just stopped working and is making whining noise

Hello @vvlerinv

Thanks for reaching out!

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Alethea13

Hi I am having the same issue with my remote. It is whining and the batteries keep draining really quickly.

Is there a solution to this?

Many thanks

Alethea

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Alethea13,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that your Roku remote is having an issue with the battery draining rapidly and making some noise.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Wiredsocks

Just here to ask for support on this issue as well. Recently, my remote has begun making a high pitched whining noise. The noise happens every time there are batteries in the device and will continue even once new batteries are put in. During this time, the remote does not work. Please help!
@RokuMary-F @RokuKariza-D 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Wiredsocks

I hope you're doing well.

Please reply here with the information asked by @RokuMary-F above. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos