Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote issues

How do I pair a Roku remote to the tv with no pairing button

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote issues

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

For more help with your issue, please see our Tips for Creating a Help or Support Topic in the Community. Including important details in your issue report helps us better understand the specific issue you are reporting.

I'd also recommend taking a look at How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote? for troubleshooting steps and guidance regarding Roku remote issues.

Please provide additional details about your specific model of TV (and if it is a Roku TV).

We can continue assisting you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi my remote is sending a signal (I tried the camera trick in the article posted above) but the tv is not responding to the remote. There is no pairing button on the remote. How do I pair it to the tv? I have a Westinghouse roku tv. 

Highlighted
Level 19

This remote is the remote that came with the Westinghouse roku tv? Does it have Westinghouse written on it? Does it have power key and volume keys on the side? If you're just using a plain roku IR remote from console roku like express, premiere or ultra it will not work on Roku tv's. And it wouldn't power key or volume keys. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes it came with the tv. It does have those buttons and does say westinghouse + roku. The remote worked fine with no issues then last night stopped. It wasn’t dropped or hit and the tv is not blocked. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Have you tried new batteries? IR remotes just work, nothing to program there is no need for a pairing button like wifi remotes. Also try unplugging the power from tv for few seconds. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@LolaReag 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Westinghouse here: https://westinghouseelectronics.com/support/contact/ or at 1-800-701-0680.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos