Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote issue with Roku Ultra split to multiple TVs

I am using an HDMI splitter to send the output from one Roku Ultra 4670 to 2 different TVs.  I have successfully paired two enhanced remotes to the Roku Ultra.  I then got one remote working to control power and volume to the first TV.  Then I got the second remote working to control power and volume to the second TV.  But then I found the first remote no longer was able to control power and volume to the first TV.  It seems that pairing either of the remotes with a TV wipes out the IR pairing for the other remote, although both can still successfully control the Roku Ultra.  How can I get to the 2 remotes to control power and volume to the 2 different TV models?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Remote issue with Roku Ultra split to multiple TVs

Make sure you start from the home screen, do not leave it in the settings when programming each remote.

So Home> settings> remote & devices> remote> remote in use> program tv> follow prompts

Now in the second room, start from the Home with the other remote you want to program. 

Home> settings> remote & devices> remote> There should be two remotes listed, go to one marked remote in use> program tv> follow prompts

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Remote issue with Roku Ultra split to multiple TVs

I'm pretty sure that's what I did when I tried it.  This was at my parents house and I won't be back to try again for some time.  It seemed whenever I set the IR settings for one of the remotes, the other remote lost its IR settings.  Does anyone know for sure whether the IR settings are saved on the remote itself, or does the remote somehow communicate with the Roku to get its IR codes?

0 Kudos