Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote is lost

Jump to solution

I lost my remote a while back and have been using my phone. But I had to factory reset because the previous owner of the tv doesn’t know the pin so it’s impossible for me to do anything, and I had no idea that if I factory reset I couldn’t do anything. Do I absolutely need a new remote?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Remote is lost

Jump to solution

Sorry but yes. This a Roku tv, actual tv with a screen? Cheapest would be to go to ebay, roku brands like tcl, insignia, jvc, magnavox, westinghouse, philips, sanyo, and onn all use the same IR tv code. Stay away from Hisense & Sharp. 

Fastest would be to go to walmart, they have a true roku voice remote sold separately, it would need to be paired with roku tv first. They also sell the One-For-All streamer universal remote urc-7935, works great with Roku tv and is on sale at $16.88. The voice remote at walmart is $19.88.P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Here it is next to Roku tv wifi remote.

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Remote is lost

Jump to solution

Sorry but yes. This a Roku tv, actual tv with a screen? Cheapest would be to go to ebay, roku brands like tcl, insignia, jvc, magnavox, westinghouse, philips, sanyo, and onn all use the same IR tv code. Stay away from Hisense & Sharp. 

Fastest would be to go to walmart, they have a true roku voice remote sold separately, it would need to be paired with roku tv first. They also sell the One-For-All streamer universal remote urc-7935, works great with Roku tv and is on sale at $16.88. The voice remote at walmart is $19.88.P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Here it is next to Roku tv wifi remote.

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Setup Roku no remote

Jump to solution

Trying to setup Roku express but lost remote and new WiFi. App can’t find device to setup new wifi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Setup Roku no remote

Jump to solution

The Roku app on a phone or tablet can only connect to a Roku that is already set up and connected to the same network the phone or tablet is on.  That means the Roku app on your phone or tablet can't be used to connect and do anything with a Roku not yet set up on your current network.

If the Roku was originally connected to a net and if it has not had a factory reset since then, it is still trying to connect to the old network name (SSID) and password as was used previously. If you can reset your current router to use this SSID and password, then your Roku should connect. At that point, the Roku app on a mobile device connected to that same net should be able to find and control your Roku.

Otherwise, you'll need to have a remote compatible with your Roku model to set up your connection to the new network/password.

All units other than Roku sticks will respond to a shared set of infrared (IR) commands so any cheap universal remote you find at Walmart or a dollar store that says it is compatible with Roku will work as long has you have a direct line of sight to the Roku. Or you can buy one from Roku via https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player#Remotes

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Highlighted
Level 7

Could not connect roku ultra to internet without remote

Jump to solution

I do not have roku ultra remote. I did reset my roku ultra but could pair my device to mobile app remote. I have connected roku device with Ethernet and try to pair with roku mobile apps remote it gives error message “check to see if your roku ultra is plugged in and on network”. How to solve that issue. I have used my apps with same home WiFi and roku with same home Ethernet 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Could not connect roku ultra to internet without remote

Jump to solution

After the reset the roku no longer knows your internet credentials, and the only way to set it up is via roku remote. But it doesn't have to be a roku brand remote, the ultra responds to iR commands so a cheap universal remote with roku listed will do. Try target or local dollar store. 

Edmund
0 Kudos