Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M3lon268
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Standby ? Really ? It should drain batteries no matter what it's on !

0 Kudos
smarkcum
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I looked at my up time in the settings and it showed over 15 hours of uptime.  That was first thing in the morning and it should have been off overnight.  I restarted it and checked the uptime and it had reset to 1 min or so.  So I set my settings to turnoff or standby all items connected.  

0 Kudos
MDD23

Jump to solution

My 3810x recently began exhibiting the same behavior. I've always powered it through the wall outlet.

0 Kudos
hillercd

Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

I saw solution to PM Danny, but couldn’t find a way to PM Danny R. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@hillercd wrote:

I saw solution to PM Danny, but couldn’t find a way to PM Danny R. 

I don't know why he doesn't just include this info in his boilerplate suggestion to PM him.

To send @RokuDanny-R a private message click on his name here or in one of his posts to bring up his profile, then click the purple "Send this user a private message" button (on a narrow display you may have to scroll down to see the button).

Note: You can only send a PM if you have not UNchecked "Turn on private messages" in your own profile settings (Settings > Preferences > Private messenger).  Click on your avatar image near the upper right corner of the page to go to your profile.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
SteveBro
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Ultra, the remote batteries drain weekly,  is there anything I can do to make this stop, right now I have resorted to removing the batteries when not in use.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @hillercd,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Roku-Community/Welcome-to-the-Community/m-p/514427#M125...

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
SteveBro
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Any suggestions Mary?

0 Kudos
agarwalvikas
Channel Surfer

Remote is draining battery every week

Jump to solution

Please help! My Roku remote is going through batteries. I have to change weekly or else take them out when not using, it is really pain and costly to change battery so frequently,

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote is draining battery every week

Jump to solution

@agarwalvikas

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos