Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agarwalvikas
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote is draining battery every week

Jump to solution

I have roku ultra and roku serial number is YJ001R398318

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@agarwalvikas

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that the Roku Ultra (4660x) is an older device that is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
agarwalvikas
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

i understand that it is older device but ideally remote should not stop working suddenly. In this way you are forcing customer to buy new one. I am not satisfied with this response.

0 Kudos
2ndWave
Reel Rookie

Batteries drain really fast

Jump to solution

I'm starting a new thread because the website won't accept "Reply" from me on other threads, I get a message saying something like "Authentication Failed".  And yes, I was (and am) logged in.

My remote drains batteries really bad.  They last anywhere from a couple of days to 2 weeks -- 2 weeks is exceptional.  I have done all the updates (I do them weekly already), no help. 

Roku Model 3921RW (or RC128, both are listed in the onscreen page)

Firmware # 2.01.19.108

Device ID JG 2887862673

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Batteries drain really fast

Jump to solution

@2ndWave

Thanks for the post and letting us know about the issue you are experiencing regarding remote battery drain with your Roku device.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
agarwalvikas
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I didn't get any email from support team on this. Please help is solving my issues

0 Kudos
bnhs
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Admin,

Our remote batteries are getting drained in just 7 days. This has started happening recently as of now in 8 weeks we have thrown 16 batteries.

Can you please help us ?

Thanks,

Nir

0 Kudos
bnhs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model: 4200X - Roku 3

Serial No:1GU470109508

Remote Model : RC03

P/N: 9026000130

IC: 5959A-RCB3

FCCID: TC2-RCB3

Batteries are getting drained out. We have to replace 2 batteries every week. Can we get any help. All details of the product and the remote we are using are given here.

Thanks,

Nir

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bnhs,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are having a battery drain issue.

Please be aware that the Roku 3 (4200X) is an older Roku device that is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku support.

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
THADDEUS1

Jump to solution

I've had my Roku stick for a couple years with no problems until a couple months ago. Suddenly batteries drain in 1 to 2 weeks.

0 Kudos