Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greyfox
Reel Rookie

Remote hookup to a Hisense TV please Help!!!

Jump to solution

I am so frustrated. I have had several Roku devices  I have four operating in my home now. But I bought a Roku Ultra at Sam’s club yesterday and have been trying to get my Roku remote to connect to my TV to operate the power and volume. When I try to type in my TV brand it does not recognize it. I eventually tried typing in a brand Roku used as an example and it didn’t recognize that either. ROKU has no phone number for support. It only sends you to their website. No where have I found what I needed. I don’t know if I possibly have a defective unit or not. If Roku only offered some support. I’m about to throw out of of my Roku’s. What kind of company doesn’t offer a phone number?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote hookup to a Hisense TV please Help!!!

Jump to solution

Just to be clear, you don't have to keep it connected to the hotspot, only during the initial programming of the tv brand, after you can switch back to home network. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
renojim

Jump to solution

A lot of people have reported the same problem with the TV control setup.  Roku claims to be working on it.  What has worked for some is to connect the Roku to another network like a phone's hotspot and then go through the procedure.

Baubrey

Jump to solution

I can confirm that connecting to another network allows it to work, I just used the hot spot on my phone. 

Greyfox
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much. I followed your directions and it worked perfectly. I am now totally connected. TV control and Roku work perfectly now. I just used the hotspot on my phone. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Just to be clear, you don't have to keep it connected to the hotspot, only during the initial programming of the tv brand, after you can switch back to home network. 

Edmund

Greyfox
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. Yes I understand. I but back on my home Wi-Fi once it was working right and controlling my TV. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos