Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Remote has no power on/off how do I turn off my tv?

I have a tv that came with only a roku remote. The remote has no power on or off? The only way we can turn it off and on is using the app on my phone. Help please! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote has no power on/off how do I turn off my tv?

@Sara1194 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Is the TV a Roku TV? If so, what brand is the TV? On the remote, does it have that brand on the remote?

With more information we will me be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

I have a ROKU TV.  Not only can't turn TV on and off but the illumination is muted (dark) and there is no audio.  Followed your instructions to see remote connection but all that happens is "searching" endlessly.  I've tried the pairing with the green light and that works fine...it is just the other remote that turns off and on and mutes the sound that is inoperable.  Don't know what the darkened screen has to do with it.  Please advise me.  [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@lfkestner 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What remote are you using to control your Roku TV? Are you using the remote that came with your Roku TV?

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Check in the channel menu I have an older roku unit and it has the option there. The tv must be set up to be controlled via HDMI ARC though. Most TVs require it to be in a ARC enabled  HDMI slot for ARC to function correctly. You should also verify ARC is enabled in TVs set up menu.

0 Kudos