Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottSiegel
Level 7

Remote for my Express+ has suddenly started draining batteries

Jump to solution

I have had my Express+ for about a year. I have no complaints until now. In the last two weeks I have had to replace the batteries three times. A brand new pair of batteries is lasting only three to four days. I have no idea why this is happening.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote for my Express+ has suddenly started draining batteries

Jump to solution

@ScottSiegel @Bobme14 @rt4 @Lnewman 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Soniaw410 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Lnewman
Level 7

Roku express remote going thru batteries fast

Jump to solution

I bought roku express for my whole house a couple months back. The remote in the living room is constantly going thru batteries. How do we fix this?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Bobme14
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. Happened around the the last 3 days . I wonder if they did an update that messed it up

0 Kudos
rt4
Level 7

Re: Roku express remote going thru batteries fast

Jump to solution

My remote is going thru batteries every 24 hours.  The Roku Model is 3931X; serial number S012307PAD3S. The unit is less than a month old.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ScottSiegel @Bobme14 @rt4 @Lnewman 

Thanks for the posts.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Lnewman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Excuse me for seeming ignorant here but how do I pm you?

0 Kudos
HHES29
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Express+ remote is doing the exact same thing. I have to replace batteries every 3 days.  It just started doing this maybe a month ago.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Lnewman @HHES29 

Thanks for the information.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GARLIN55
Level 7

Jump to solution

My remote was working fine until last week. I have had to replace the batteries 3 times since last week! Can you please help?   Roku Express+     X004009RJ1WA

Linda 
[personal information removed]
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@GARLIN55 

Thanks for the post.

For future reference, as I stated in my previous post, please send personal information through a private message (PM) as we highly do not recommend posting personal information in a public place.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos