Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmm47172
Channel Surfer

Remote for Ultra A/B buttons

Jump to solution

I can't find a replacement remote for my Roku ultra. Mine has the sideways A/B buttons for gaming. Can't find one like this online anywhere. Anyone know where to get on or what the part number is?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote for Ultra A/B buttons

Jump to solution

The model number is RC-AL4 remote. There is no replacement remote with a/b keys. Roku sells the Gaming remote For $29.99, but it won't have tv power button nor tv IR on board. If it controls the tv volume it will be by hdmi-cec. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

The model number is RC-AL4 remote. There is no replacement remote with a/b keys. Roku sells the Gaming remote For $29.99, but it won't have tv power button nor tv IR on board. If it controls the tv volume it will be by hdmi-cec. 

Edmund

cmm47172
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well that's disappointing. The one I have now has A/B buttons that are stuck in the down position. I wanted to take it apart to fix it but I'm afraid I might break it in the process. I wanted to get a new one and then try to operate on the old one. Have any idea how to disassemble the RC-AL4?

0 Kudos
cmm47172
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Have any idea how to disassemble the RC-AL4?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

That remote looks identical to my RC193 for my Ultra 4660.  Although I have never taken apart, looks to be a single small black phillips screw under the battery cover (located right between the batteries ).  Seems to be simple process of removing screw and then carefully working a prying tool around the outside perimeter of remote.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

cmm47172
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I saw the screw. The "prying tool around the outside perimeter of remote." part is the part where it breaks and flies apart unless you know the trick. 🙂

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

in prying it apart you might gouge the plastic, best place is at the bottom end of the remote where your hand shouldn't slide. Once its pried apart slightly insert the edge of a credit card and slide it along popping the catches. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Argin420

Jump to solution

It's the RC-AL4 remote, I have a couple myself and had to get my remote from Roku bc I couldn't find them online either (seperate from a Roku Ultra anyway). 

0 Kudos