Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony56

Remote for Streaming Stick doesn't work anymore

Jump to solution

I have a RC-AL2 remote for Roku stick that plugs into back of tv, it doesn't work any more. Volume, on/off button, nothing. Green pairing button on back won't even light up. Just put new batteries in. Nothing. How much and how to order a replacement ?

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote for Streaming Stick doesn't work anymore

Jump to solution

@Tony56 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku Streaming Stick (3800), you can purchase a Voice Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tony56 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku Streaming Stick (3800), you can purchase a Voice Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
paula5

Jump to solution

My Roku streaming stick + remote doesn't work i was on my phone signing up and when i went back to my roku remote it didn't work 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @paula5

We're here to help!

Have you tried performing any troubleshooting steps? You can try re-pairing your remote to your Roku by following the instructions below:

1. If your remote uses standard batteries, open the battery compartment and remove the batteries.
  2. Remove the power cable from your Roku device, wait 5 seconds, and then reconnect the power cable.
  3. Wait until your Roku device displays the home screen.
  4. Restart your remote.
    • Standard batteries: Reinsert the batteries into your remote.
  5. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still does not flash, charge your remote or replace the batteries.
  6. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Roku device.
  7. The remote pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen.

Check out this Support article for more information: How do I resolve issues with my Roku® voice remote?

Let us know if this works for you.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sjw91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has been happening to me a lot.  The procedure works to re-pair the remote, but the remote will become unresponsive again.  I have the latest software.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @sjw91

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue with the remote happen on specific buttons or all buttons are unresponsive? If it's the latter, reply here with the serial number of the Roku device found at the back or underneath the device. 

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sjw91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All buttons go unresponsive.  Serial number is 21303F792669.

I received the HDMI extension on Thursday, and it hasn't been unresponsive since then.  I don't know why that seems to have cured my problem.  Everything worked fine for a year, and then my issues started a couple weeks ago.

But it seems to be working fine now.

0 Kudos
WordSalad

Jump to solution

Having the same issue. Brand new Roku streaming stick, everything worked fine during initial setup, completed final step on phone with QR code and now the remote will not interact with the Roku at all. It will still change volume and I/O of Samsung TV. Roku also cannot connect to WiFi. Unable to select anything with remote. Tried resetting, holding button on back of remote until green blinking light to no avail.

0 Kudos