Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angusdru
Level 7

Remote for Roku ULTRA failed - (dropped) - looking for minimal effort for replacement remote

Jump to solution

My sibling is a resident at a nursing home.  His Roku ULTRA is attached (HDMI) to the TV and has a USB attached device that the ROKU Media Player recognizes and will playback the MP4 content.

The remote is NOT working and my brother needs to be able to replace the remote (simplest solution - maybe IR remote) in order to playback the USB MP4 content.

This facility is currently in lock down so there is NO opportunity to have a person to available to pair a remote, give that my sibling is NOT able to perform that kind of task.

Will a simple ROKU IR remote be able to control the ULTRA, so that he'll be able to access the ROKU Media Player and play the MP4 content?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote for Roku ULTRA failed - (dropped) - looking for minimal effort for replacement remote

Jump to solution

Sure, get a cheap universal remote from target or even the dollar store that lists Roku and it should work just fine. Universal would control the tv too.

You can purchase the Simple remote from Roku, its IR remote but no tv controls, third remote down on this page:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Tivoburkee

Re: Remote for Roku ULTRA failed - (dropped) - looking for minimal effort for replacement remote

Jump to solution

Sure, get a cheap universal remote from target or even the dollar store that lists Roku and it should work just fine. Universal would control the tv too.

You can purchase the Simple remote from Roku, its IR remote but no tv controls, third remote down on this page:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

All the boxes and TVs support an IR remote; the sticks do not.  It doesn't even have to be a Roku remote.  A cheap universal IR remote that supports Roku will work, although your brother may prefer the familiarity of a Roku remote.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution
For IR use, just be sure the Roku is located within line of sight from the location where the remote will be used.
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos