Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiddyINC
Reel Rookie

Re: remote keeps scrolling

Jump to solution

I don’t know what that is. Does that mean I have an adapter to power the Roku?? If so, yes I do. I’m not computer savvy whatsoever...lol. 

0 Kudos
dathead2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Unplug every cable there is to your Roku, wait ten seconds then plug them all back in.  This is just a shot in the dark but worth a try. 

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos
Riley6

Re: Remote don't stop scrolling down

Jump to solution

What are my options? - I've tried the suggestions posted to fix the continuous scrolling through the menu and it hasn't fixed the problem.  

Thank you for your help 🐵

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote don't stop scrolling down

Jump to solution

@Riley6, take the batteries out of your remote.  Unplug the power from your Roku for a few seconds and plug it back in.  Once it gets to the Home Screen does it scroll?  Put the batteries in the remote.  Does it scroll?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DiddyINC-

Have you tried just restarting your Roku? 

These things are just special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them can correct problems.

(Note that if yours is a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts it into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart.)

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power or if not there, under Settings > System

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and wait for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
tlcuda12

Jump to solution

• I have the standard remote #standardremote#. All of a sudden when I would press the left, right or down arrows on the remote it would scroll. Very annoying. So after searching I tried the suggestion that@makaiguy in this post and it worked.  I went to settings > system > system restart > restart. While it was restarting I took the batteries out of the remote and put them back in (they are pretty new). By the time i finished that my home screen was up and I went back to my selection that was previously scrolling and it stopped. It now moves to the next line or selection in the line forward or backward one at a time. Thank you
0 Kudos