Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juanseponte
Level 7

Remote don't stop scrolling down

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express+. My controller just scrolls down without stop when I point to the device. When I stop pointing, it stops. I tried removing and changing the batteries and restarting the device and nothing worked. The device works fine using my smartphone as controller with the app.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dathead2
Level 10

Re: Remote don't stop scrolling down

Jump to solution

Get a can of compressed air and try and clean it. Not sure if buttons actually pry off without damaging them but worth a shot(or just try the air without taking off first).  Maybe experiment on a button you don’t use like one of the unchangeable presets.

Roku Ultra 4660X
RokuOS 9.4.0 build 4200
Sony Bravia 55A8G TV

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dathead2
Level 10

Jump to solution

Get a can of compressed air and try and clean it. Not sure if buttons actually pry off without damaging them but worth a shot(or just try the air without taking off first).  Maybe experiment on a button you don’t use like one of the unchangeable presets.

Roku Ultra 4660X
RokuOS 9.4.0 build 4200
Sony Bravia 55A8G TV

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@juanseponte

Thanks for the post.

If the troubleshooting that @dathead2 has provided doesn't solve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
juanseponte
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, it was difficult to remove the arrows button but I managed to do it with the help of a pen. I cleaned with compressed air and now it works fine!

0 Kudos