Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juanseponte
Reel Rookie

Remote don't stop scrolling down

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express+. My controller just scrolls down without stop when I point to the device. When I stop pointing, it stops. I tried removing and changing the batteries and restarting the device and nothing worked. The device works fine using my smartphone as controller with the app.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dathead2
Roku Guru

Re: Remote don't stop scrolling down

Jump to solution

Get a can of compressed air and try and clean it. Not sure if buttons actually pry off without damaging them but worth a shot(or just try the air without taking off first).  Maybe experiment on a button you don’t use like one of the unchangeable presets.

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
dathead2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Get a can of compressed air and try and clean it. Not sure if buttons actually pry off without damaging them but worth a shot(or just try the air without taking off first).  Maybe experiment on a button you don’t use like one of the unchangeable presets.

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@juanseponte

Thanks for the post.

If the troubleshooting that @dathead2 has provided doesn't solve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
juanseponte
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, it was difficult to remove the arrows button but I managed to do it with the help of a pen. I cleaned with compressed air and now it works fine!

0 Kudos
DiddyINC
Reel Rookie

remote keeps scrolling

Jump to solution

Somebody please help! My Roku has been working fine then randomly it gets stuck. Like it continually scrolls like I’m pressing the button. I downloaded the mobile app and took batteries out of remote and it still gets stuck! Please help ANYBODY!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: remote keeps scrolling

Jump to solution

@DiddyINC 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rasmiyyah

New roku express remote keeps scrolling

Jump to solution

Please help 

0 Kudos
Rasmiyyah

Re: New roku express remote keeps scrolling

Jump to solution

Yes may I please have assistance with this issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: New roku express remote keeps scrolling

Jump to solution

Hello @Rasmiyyah

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dathead2
Roku Guru

Re: remote keeps scrolling

Jump to solution

I assume you have power cycled your Roku?  If not that’s a good place to start. 

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos