Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CasaE

Remote doesn't work at all...continually "pairing"

The Roku remote won't work at all now. Here are my steps that led me here:
Tried to use remote - intermittently worked: it would pause (buttons not working), then work again. I was trying to change from 2.4g to 5g. I finally went through the steps and then it said it failed to connect.

Now Roku remote doesn't work at all. Changed batteries. No change.

Went through these steps: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708 and when started the "pairing", it would go through its process, home screen shows up and then it started pairing again.  I finally hit the pairing button again and it stopped. I did not do #4 or #5.

The only button that worked is the TV on/off button.

I repeated step #3. Then the display showed I'm NOT connected to the internet (it did not say this before). THe buttons started working intermittently.

Now I'm trying to set up Wifi. It's connectected to my 2.4g band (as it was before i started all this), but buttons still are intermittently working. 

Please help - thanks.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
CasaE

Re: Remote doesn't work at all...continually "pairing"

I also tried resetting ROKU. Still works intermittently. Like I may have to wait 5 or 10 minutes to make a button work.

BTW, I have Roku Streaming Stick +.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CasaE 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
richie1
Reel Rookie

Having the same problem:  remote pairing light blinking continually with fresh out of the package batteries and remote pairing message on the TV screen comes on repeatedly.  Removed batteries, unplugged Roku wi-fi power source for five seconds, plugged in the Roku wi-fi power source, Roku screen comes up, reinstalled remote batteries.  Remote pairing light continues to flash, Roku pairing message on TV repeats.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@richie1 

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post and I'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
richie1
Reel Rookie

I'll look for your previous post.  Why didn't you copy and paste?

0 Kudos
richie1
Reel Rookie

I see there's three seconds vs. ten seconds of holding the remote pairing button.  There's the possibility of the router-modem signal interfering with the remote signal.  There's the possibility the pairing problem could be the Roku "player".  I'll recheck the remote pairing protocol, but if disconnecting the router-modem, won't the Roku "player" have a problem?  Or is it just the remote and TV.  Conflicts.  Then I'll reconfigure the router-modem with the Roku "player".  And more fresh batteries from Duracell via Amazon in case they were held in the warehouse too long.  No date on the battery package.  Thanks, I'm new to this "community" site.  Hmm.  May want out of electronics-communications and buy content, no streaming.  It's all so easy... if you ask the right questions, find the right answers, find the information source, the site, and can work it and all.

0 Kudos
Vane_rivas

The same happened to me, could u help me? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Vane_rivas

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bunnies142

When I press the Home button on my Roku TV remote, it opens up to the Home Screen and then the remote completely stops working. I can hear the Roku has engaged and it stays on the Home Screen for about 2 minutes then the screen goes black, the Roku TV symbol comes up and the cable tv comes back on,  When I  press the power button On with the Roku Remote it says there is no internet connection. Also, the volume & mute does work while I have the cable on. I have disconnected, rebooted & checked the batteties, i dont know what to do next?? 

0 Kudos