Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeeBAlive
Level 7

Remote control isn't inputting selected password characters.

Remote control isn't inputting any selected password characters. The remote control responds to all features expect inputting password characters. How can I connect to the internet if I can't input my password. I've reset the Roku device and my router. Please help.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
FishMom
Level 8

Re: Remote control isn't inputting selected password characters.

Same issue here.  I replaced my modem and router and need to input a new password.  Roku identifies the network.  New batteries in the remote. Re-paired the remote. Reset the Roku. RE-paired the remote again.  New batteries again.  

The remote will not move from one letter to another.  

Started 02.06.20

FishMom
Level 8

I called Tech Support.  They are sending a new remote.  

I still think that it is related to getting a new router/modem from Xfinity.  No problems before the new network was added.  

0 Kudos
FishMom
Level 8

SOLVED

I tried a Hard Reset of the Roku Streaming Stick again.  Although I had done it before, it seems that the third time is the charm.  

It's working now!

Here's what I did.  
1. I linked and then unlinked the Roku from the Google Assistant.  I just wanted to see if the Google Assistant was fouling the software somehow.  
2. I removed the Streaming Stick + from the back of the TV.  
3. Powered up the Streaming Stick+

4.  I pushed and held the RESET button until the light flashed.  I released the button. 
5. I plugged the Streaming Stick+ into the HDMI port.
6. The Streaming Stick+ started from scratch.  I had to re-pair the remote, input all of my settings, and select my channels.  

It's a minor hassle, but it's working now.  

Good Luck.