Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VC1
Level 7

Remote buttons reprogrammed themselves rendering the remote unusable

I have a 4200X-Roku 3 streaming box with an RF remote and today, it reprogrammed itself. It might have been after update to firmware 9.3.0, but I'm not sure.

Press the home button, it launches Netflix, press it again, it launches Hulu, press it again, it goes to home screen. The back button (left arrow next to the Home button), when pressed it no longer goes back to previous screen, it launches Rdio instead. Rdio no longer exists, but there is a function button for it on the remote. Repeated pressing just re-launches Rdio, never does the intended function.

I tried to reset the streaming box and the remote, re-pair it, new batteris etc. per official instructions but nothing helps. Any ideas how to fix this? Only way I can now control the Roku is now via a smartphone app.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote buttons reprogrammed themselves rendering the remote unusable

Back in the day UEI made radio shack and One-for-all universal remotes use to come down with a scrambled keypad, being so programmable as they were there was fix for those remotes. The roku remote is probably done with, sorry. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos