Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eddiesee

Remote batteries when using the headset feature

Jump to solution

Morning all,   Just began using the headset feature on my remote during the late evening hours.  Issue I’m having is I have to change the remote batteries about every 2 weeks.   Before the headset was plugged in - it was about 2x a year.   Is this normal?  Unit is about 2-3 yrs old.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote batteries

Jump to solution

Plugging earphones into a Roku remote equipped with an earphone jack turns on the remote's headset amplifier and runs the remote's batteries down more quickly. The amplifier is on whenever the earphones are plugged in, so be sure to unplug them when not in use.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy

Re: Remote batteries

Jump to solution

Plugging earphones into a Roku remote equipped with an earphone jack turns on the remote's headset amplifier and runs the remote's batteries down more quickly. The amplifier is on whenever the earphones are plugged in, so be sure to unplug them when not in use.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Remote batteries when using the headset feature

Jump to solution

Additional reply..

If you have an Android or iOS mobile phone you can install the Roku app to it.  This enables you to control your Roku(s) from your phone and also provides remote listening capabilities.  You can use your phone's speaker or any attached earphones, and all without putting an extra drain on your Roku remote's batteries.

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Re: Remote batteries when using the headset feature

Jump to solution

It'll go through batteries, even when the remote isn't being used. I started using rechargeable batteries, and removing them when not in use for that reason.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos