Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote batteries constantly need re-seated

Jump to solution

The remote will stop working every few minutes, sometimes while using it. The only solution has been to remove and reinsert one of the batteries. It doesn't matter which battery is reseated. As soon as this is done the remote starts working again for a few minutes. We have changed the batteries that shipped with the remote with brand new Duracells. The original batteries were only in use for about a month and should have still been good.

I see alot of topics on batter issues, to many to choose from that "this topic has already been posted"

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Remote batteries constantly need re-seated

Jump to solution

Update: After posting this, I had setup both my universal remote and the Roku App, and completely forgot about this remote. Someone from support reached out and quickly and painlessly setup a replacement remote. The new remote came in a couple of weeks ago, and we've been exclusively using it just to ensure it operates correctly, and so far have not had any issues. It is nice to know now that we have a functional backup if we have WiFi problems or the universal remote fails. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Have you gotten a solution?  I have the Ultra 4670R, purchased and started using 5 days ago (4/03/20, today is 4/08/20).  No problem until the 2nd day.  I had been using headphones with it when the remote just stopped working.  Based on comments I thought I'd drained the batteries so replaced them.  NOPE, the remote stops working approximately every 1-2 hours.  When I remove and replace the batteries it will work for another 1-2 hours.  Once the batteries are reset the little battery display on the upper right of the screen shows them at good strength/charge.

Have you gotten an answer yet?

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ThetaMDV @wkling 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just got mine on the 8th and first day fine, since then I have to keep taking batteries out every few hours also, and switching batteries back and forth to get remote to keep working. It seriously has only been in my home 2 days. dates on batteries that came in pack are 1/2020 to 1/2027 so definitely should be good batteries.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hello,

I have bought my Roku device from Walmart 2 or 3 months ago. as of yesterday, my remote control stopped working. I tried all the troubleshooting steps but still working. Please advice!

Phil

-- 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sounds just like my issue.  Send an email to support.  They are sending me a replacement remote

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

thanks, I will have to do that

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I haven't posted the resolution entirely.  Roku sent me a replacement remote and I haven't had any issues since.  I was a bit paranoid using the headphone jack, thinking that maybe that might have been what messed things up in the first place, but nope, no problems at all. I haven't had any problems at all with the new remote.  They didn't ask me to send back the bad one.  I just stuck it away in case I lose the new one or something.   I LOVE using the headphone feature so I usually use the app on my phone for that.  It doesn't drain my phone like the batteries on the remote drain. 

All in all, I'm really loving this Roku.  I had been using one of the older, simpler units.  It was really slow to respond and a bit frustrating not being able to fast forward or rewind appropriately.  This one is super fast and responsive.  Anyway... I was very impressed with how responsive customer service was.  I got several messages from a few different people.  Like they were overlapping sometimes, which was a little frustrating, but I'd sure rather have too much "high touch" contact than not enough. 

thanks everyone and best of luck to you for any issues you may be having.

Wendy 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

My Roku remote (model rc81) does the same thing.  It works for a couple of hours and then stops.  When I re-seat the batteries it starts working again.  If I use an Iphone in lieu of the remote, everything works fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ammodave 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos