Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madelineb
Level 7

Remote arrows don't toggle

I have a Roku Streaming Stick and just purchased a new Roku Voice Remote after my original remote stopped working . In both cases, however, I can use the power button to turn it on and off, or control the volume on the sides, but cannot use the arrow keys to navigate on the home screen (which makes the entire device unusable). The green "pairing button" flashes when I put the batteries in, but I can't get to the "pairing remote" screen. Please let me know how to proceed.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: Remote arrows don't toggle

If you can't make through the menu to pair the remote, unplug it from the power for a bit and then plug it in after comes back from bouncing it will be in state to look for wifi remotes. So make sure the remote is blinking at the time it stop bouncing. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Have you tried pulling the power to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in before reinserting the batteries?   This is supposed to make the unit receptive to the pairing request from the remote.

Video from Roku re how to pair point-anywhere remote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK3T6eXqPU8

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
madelineb
Level 7

Yes, I've unplugged and re-plugged the Roku, as well as moved it a few feet away from the wireless device with the HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@madelineb 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
madelineb
Level 7

I tried these without success, but I was able to "solve" the problem by downloading an enhanced remote app for my phone.

0 Kudos