Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Volume Control Stuck at 100

Jump to solution

Also happening to me. 

Model 4660x

Sn YJOODH228714

Version 10.0.0 Build 4177-46

Id CK37CD228714

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote Volume Control Issue.

Jump to solution

@Nmax @rn1371 @Xingularity
Thanks for the posts and providing us with the information that we have requested.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team at Roku to investigate further. Once more information is available I'll be sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-TV make and model
-audio set up (make and model)
-how it's connected (if there's anything else connected to the TV)
-is the volume stuck or is the volume loud
-are you still experiencing this issue if you restart your device

Once we have the above information, I'll be able to relay it back to the Roku team investigating this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
susanguarino4
Reel Rookie

Re: Volume Control Stuck at 100

Jump to solution

I have a circle with a speaker and the number 100. My volume button won’t work . Why? How do I fix it?

0 Kudos
sdeath

Jump to solution

Hi Danny - I have the same problem.  We have tried resetting and re-pairing the remote multiple times  This happens on multiple apps, not just one channel. Open the battery compartment and holding the sync button did not fix the issue.

Model - 4660X

Version 10.0.0.4185

Device ID CK3955073485

Serial - YJ005S073485

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
JWatson
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Danny - I am having the same problem...TV remote increases to 100% and I have no control. Once it has reached 100%, no control over the volume. It doesn't happen all the time, but it has happened at least 4 times in the last couple of months.

I appreciate your looking and hopefully resolving this issue.

Info requested below:

ROKU DEVICE MODEL - 3910RW - Roku Express+

SERIAL NUMBER - YG003G323193

SOFTWARE VERSION - 9.4.0 * build 4210-51

DEVICE ID - C53863323193

SOFTWARE OS/VERSION - not 'smart' TV - Sony Bravia

NO SPECIFIC CHANNEL - ALL

STEP TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE I AM SEEING - Turn Roku/TV on with Roku remote, click on cable provide icon (Spectrum), system goes through verification process, etc., once on cable TV channel volume button on TV starts blinking and a noticeable volume increase until it reaches 100%.

0 Kudos
JWatson
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've submitted answers to your first reply with info requested. Here the additional info:

TV MAKE & MODEL - Sony Bravia (not a smart TV)

AUDIO SET UP - Built into the TV

HOW IT'S CONNECTED - Roku straightly plugged into the TV and the wall and TV Cable (Spectrum) hooked up

IS THE VOLUME STUCK OR IN THE VOLUME LOUD - Once it starts increasing, no control - completely stuck at 100%

ARE YOU STILL EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE IF YOU RESTART YOUR DEVICE - if you mean turn off, disconnect from TV & reconnect it is still stuck. If I wait a day (next day), it is not an issue. It reoccurs without notice.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JWatson

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mikalou
Reel Rookie

Re: Volume stuck at 100

Jump to solution

Now when I hit the volume button nothing happens at all. I don't even get the circle with 100 in the top corner. What the heck is going on? I'd like to be able to adjust the volume on my TV at night from my bed without having to get up and push buttons on the back of my TV. 

0 Kudos
mmmjv
Streaming Star

Why does my volume go up to 100% when I pick up the remote?

Jump to solution

On a related note who was the idiot who put the volume control on the side of the remote? That is not why the volume goes up to 100% though because even after I take my hand totally off the side of the remote the volume keeps going up to 100%.

Do they have remotes where the volume control is in a more normal location? One that you can pick up without having to be careful.

0 Kudos