Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jrhyatt
Level 8

Remote Stopped Working from 15 feet, Now works from 5 feet away

Jump to solution

For 4+ years our remote worked fine from 15 feet away from the Roku Stick, which is plugged into a HDMI plug on the back of the TV.  Then about 3 weeks ago some of the buttons stopped working, unless I got within 5 feet of the TV.  So I downloaded all the instructions to do an update, reset and pair the remote.  Did all of those things, did not resolve the issue.  So I hooked up a HDMI cable and moved the stick so it hangs down under the TV and now most of the buttons work some of the time.  Back works about half the time, Home works half the time, Pause works all the time.  I am thinking that the money spent 4 years ago was not much, and maybe just better to move on and upgrade to Roku Ultra?  Great product, but this is driving me nuts.  Any suggestions other than using the remote and stick as clay pigeons?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Re: Remote Stopped Working from 15 feet, Now works from 5 feet away

Jump to solution

Remotes go bad, I open an old remote and found insides turned to dust. Being 4+ years its probable 3500, there are no replacement remotes for that model, if you like the roku, time for an upgrade.

Edmund

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Jump to solution

Remotes go bad, I open an old remote and found insides turned to dust. Being 4+ years its probable 3500, there are no replacement remotes for that model, if you like the roku, time for an upgrade.

Edmund

View solution in original post

Highlighted
jrhyatt
Level 8

Jump to solution

You are correct on the model, and it was a value then, got our return on investment plus.  So time to upgrade.  Thank you for your reply. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jrhyatt
Level 8

Jump to solution

going to get the Ultra