Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote Scrolling

Jump to solution

@neoleb1977 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am also having problems with scrolling and have restarted my system and replaced the batteries and the problem is the same. I am also currently having a problem sending you a message when I go into your profile and go up to your picture it just loads and doesnt show me anything.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JessGoLucky94 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I might be too late, but I came to this page with the same problem. It ended up being IR interference from my actual TV remote. Someone sat a book on top of it, and it was pressing down some of the button. Took the book off and the Roku immediately stopped scrolling.

Hearne

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. @RokuDanny-R i tried to send you a message but the “send this person a message” option was not available when I went to your profile. 

My remote continuously scrolls if the remote is pointed at the tv. I have a Roku 3 and am using a replacement remote that isn’t very old. I have rebooted, changed batteries, and checked for any IR interference. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Hearne 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku 3 is a much older device that is no longer supported. It's possible that the device may simply be on its way out despite the remote being newer.

However, if you feel it is your remote that is having an issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Simple solution.  Take the battery’s out  of your remote.   Then put them back in.  
If that don’t work find all your remotes remove battery’s. It’s stuck button.

also if u download the remote for roku. Make sure phone in same Wi-Fi as the roku 

0 Kudos
g4edckcc

Remote continues to scroll while try to type email

Jump to solution

During initial setup trying to input email address.  Upon push of a left or right or up or down.  The selection scrolls to the end.

I have removed batteries, cold boot of all, taken batteries out of other remotes in the area.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote continues to scroll while try to type email

Jump to solution

It could be from another remote hidden under  cushion or some other type of device like a baby monitor? Stand in front at different angles to see if you can block the interference. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
g4edckcc

Re: Remote continues to scroll while try to type email

Jump to solution

I read previous replies as such.  I have removed batteries from other remotes and i have shielded the remote from any sunlight with no luck.

0 Kudos