Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MH55

Roku TV menu keeps on scrolling. HELP!

Im having a similar issue. Went to use my hisense roku tv this morning and it keeps scrolling without stopping. Also, if i can manage getting it to stop for a minute and play something, it starts pausing and rewinding and fastforwarding. I downloaded the remote on my phone for the time being, but its starting to do it again. I've unplugged the television and ive done a reset on it. I dont know what else to do its not even a year old! Someone please help 🥺

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
jbwh1

Re: remote scrolling on its own

@RokuKariza-D 

I am having the same problem with my roku remote. The serial number is YNOOMF870636

THANKS

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: remote scrolling on its own

Hi @jbwh1

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to your TV manufacturer's support team to report the issue and get help. 

You can contact Hisense Support here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku menu keeps on scrolling. HELP!

Hi @MH55,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Are you using a Roku TV? If yes, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 
If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV
You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nicole11

Continuous Remote Scrolling

I am having the same issue and have changed the batteries, checked under the buttons and l checked for interference from other remotes. Are there any other solutions that have worked for others? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Continuous Remote Scrolling

Hey @Nicole11

I hope you're doing well.

If you're experiencing the remote issue on a Roku TV remote, we would recommend following @RokuMary-F's suggestion above. Remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Myquel

I have the scrolling issue, too: pointing the remote at the TV causes it to scroll down rapidly and won't stop unless I point the remote away from the TV.  We have rebooted everything and replace the batteries in the remote. 

0 Kudos
Mvokid

My tcl tv keeps scrolling

Caint get it working tried resetting an everything. Tv just keeps scrolling down. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Myquel @Mvokid 

Thanks for the post.

Have you checked to make sure that the buttons aren't stuck or lodged? If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please contact your Roku TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SP2021

Roku Premiere menu keeps on scrolling. HELP!

Hello Roku Support,

My Roku Premiere remote ( about 8 months old) keeps scrolling continuously despite changing batteries. I confirmed this my trying on another roku express and it continues to do this. While the Roku Express's remote works without issues on the Roku Premiere.

Please help to resolve this issue or send me a replacement remote under warranty. My Roku Premiere remote details are as follows;

Model: RC-ALIR  3226000830

Thanks in advance

@MH55 wrote:

Im having a similar issue. Went to use my hisense roku tv this morning and it keeps scrolling without stopping. Also, if i can manage getting it to stop for a minute and play something, it starts pausing and rewinding and fastforwarding. I downloaded the remote on my phone for the time being, but its starting to do it again. I've unplugged the television and ive done a reset on it. I dont know what else to do its not even a year old! Someone please help 🥺

0 Kudos