Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobS3
Channel Surfer

Remote Power Button Doesn't Work

I just installed the Streaming Stick+ today.  The remote appeared to pair with my Sony TV successfully.  All the buttons on the remote work except when I tried to power off the TV using the red power button, nothing happened.  I moved to the tile that says to power off the TV, and that worked.  Why is the power button the only thing that doesn't work?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote Power Button Doesn't Work

You might have stop on a sony code with discrete ON command instead of power toggle, try re-0programming the tv but skip the first positive result by clicking no, even if it did mute youyr tv, now unmute with different remote and see if a later code works fully. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BobS3
Channel Surfer

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you want me to do.  I know the remote has audio buttons on the side, but I don't intend to use them because I am using a receiver for audio, not the TV speakers.  In fact, the part of the pairing that asks me about music is kind of weird, and it won't let me get past that part unless I answer the questions.  Worse, if I answer them in a way that Roku doesn't like, my only choices are to Try again or to cancel the pairing.  Anyway, as it stands, I can do everything with the remote that I WANT to do except use the power button to turn on the TV or to turn it off.

As an aside, the Roku stick replaces Amazon's fire TV stick.  Its remote also has a power button.  That button worked fine, so unless there's a deficiency in the design of the Roku stick in this area, there should be a way to make the Roku power button work.

If you - or anyone else - has any additional suggestion on what to do, please do so in a very clear step-by-step fashion.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Wayna

I updated to Roku Express 4K+ and am having issues with my remotes power ON button. It takes several tries to get it to respond and turn on my Samsung. Once on, the remote works perfectly, including power OFF. My previous version of Roku had no issues with the remote. I have tried the suggested fixes several times with no success.

0 Kudos