Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krissyh
Level 7

Remote Pairing and Channel Availability in Jamaica

Jump to solution

I live in Jamaica and have a Roku Streaming Stick (3600R) since 2016.  Recently, the remote is not connecting to the streaming device.  What can I do to fix this?  Also, on this stick I am not able to view all the channels it offers here in Jamaica such as hulu etc., why is this?

I am planning on purchasing the Roku Express HD Streaming Media Player 2019.  Will I be able to view all te channels this offers in Jamaica?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Remote Pairing Help?

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. For help resolving issues with your remote, we'd recommend taking a look here and following the steps provided: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708-how-do-i-resolve-problems-with-my-roku-enhanced-point-any...

If following the troubleshooting steps isn't helping resolve your issue, you might also try performing a full factory reset on the device, and setting it up again from scratch. This will clear all data from the device. 

As far as channel availability, we don't currently sell or support devices in that location. Netflix and YouTube tend to work just about anywhere, however, many channel providers have geo-restrictions in place that do not allow their channels to function in unsupported regions on the Roku platform. 

Each channel provider determines channel availability themselves. If you have a question about the availability of any particular channel or service, you will need to contact that channel/service provider directly to see if they offer their channel (app) and/or service on the Roku platform in your location. Hope that helps! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Remote Pairing Help?

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. For help resolving issues with your remote, we'd recommend taking a look here and following the steps provided: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708-how-do-i-resolve-problems-with-my-roku-enhanced-point-any...

If following the troubleshooting steps isn't helping resolve your issue, you might also try performing a full factory reset on the device, and setting it up again from scratch. This will clear all data from the device. 

As far as channel availability, we don't currently sell or support devices in that location. Netflix and YouTube tend to work just about anywhere, however, many channel providers have geo-restrictions in place that do not allow their channels to function in unsupported regions on the Roku platform. 

Each channel provider determines channel availability themselves. If you have a question about the availability of any particular channel or service, you will need to contact that channel/service provider directly to see if they offer their channel (app) and/or service on the Roku platform in your location. Hope that helps! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos