Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarePiggies
Level 7

Remote Only Scrolls on the Screen

I have reviewed the post online, I still can not get the remote to work on my device trying the different methods posted.  I however was able to download the remote to my phone and it works without error.  The issue is I am not always home for them to my phone and husband will only use the remote.  Are there any suggestions on how to fix the remote?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Remote Only Scrolls on the Screen

I would take it apart and clean it internally.  It may just be easier to get a new remote.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

@CarePiggies wrote:
  • I have reviewed the post online, I still can not get the remote to work on my device trying the different methods posted.  I however was able to download the remote to my phone and it works without error.  The issue is I am not always home for them to my phone and husband will only use the remote.  Are there any suggestions on how to fix the remote?

Does your husband have a smart mobile phone or a tablet?  He could also install the Roku app and use it as a Roku remote.

Otherwise, short of disassembling the remote and cleaning and renewing the button contacts, you'll need to get a physical remote.  What model (and model number) is it?  Find out via Settings > System > About.  We can then advise you on what remote to get.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@CarePiggies 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos