Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote Not Working?

I'm throwing my roku in the trash an switching service. I have to reconnect my remote about every other day then it just stops working so I go by new one  an it works  worse then the first one so I ordered a new on from roku themselves an wow even worse then the first two by not ever working at all has no pairing button an will no pair even with new battery so yeah . [post edited]

3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote Not Working?

@Rotu-s 

Thanks for the note.

What model device are you trying to replace the remote for? If your original remote had a pairing button and the new remote does not have a pairing button, then it is the incorrect remote as it is an IR remote which will not work if your device requires an enhanced remote with a pairing button.

Please let us know what device model you have so we can recommend the appropriate replacement remote that you will need.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote not working. Roku is on 5 and system is all 2.5. I cannot access the settings.

The remote does nothing. I have gone through all of the steps online to pair and it simply does nothing.  I have barely used the Roku or the remote. What is the problem? 

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote not working. Roku is on 5 and system is all 2.5. I cannot access the settings.

@blkjazz 

Thanks for the note.

What Roku model device do you have?

Please keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos