Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnVinSC
Level 7

Remote Model: RC19

Jump to solution

This older remote has volume buttons, but no power on/off button like my newer remotes.

Is there a trick to getting this old guy to power the TV on and off along with controlling volume.

Currently, I am forced to use a secondary TV remote.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Remote Model: RC19

Jump to solution

It will work with the Roku 3, but not the Roku 2 xs which only responds to IR and bluetooth remotes. The current wifi remote are wifi-direct, different type of RF remote then the bluetooth xs remote. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

It may control the tv volume by hdmi-cec, see if you can turn it on through the tv menu and refresh the devices attached to the tv. If it does control the volume, it may be able to turn on the tv by pressing the home key on the roku remote. But there is no way of turning the tv off. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
JohnVinSC
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks. The menu seems to be limited. I saw HDMI and DVI, but couldn't make any progress.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

Tv volume control via cec only worked on certain tv brands and models, I could never get it to work on the panasonic tv I owned at the time. Recently I did get an old roku 3 remote to control the volume on my TCL Roku tv. 

You can get the voice remote for $20 at Walmart, Best Buy or even on-line at Amazon. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
JohnVinSC
Level 7

Jump to solution

Will the voice remote you describe allow me to perform power on and off as well as volume?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

Sure, what is the name and model of your roku? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
JohnVinSC
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am using a Roku 3 Model: 4200X, but also have a Roku 2 XS Model: 3100X available.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

It will work with the Roku 3, but not the Roku 2 xs which only responds to IR and bluetooth remotes. The current wifi remote are wifi-direct, different type of RF remote then the bluetooth xs remote. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

JohnVinSC
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks! I just placed an order on Amazon.

0 Kudos