Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandygram_13
Reel Rookie

Remote IR suddenly stopped working

Hi all! 

Trying to watch Rick and morty tonight and suddenly volume buttons stopped working. I have tryed several trouble shooting attempts. New batteries, reprogram to TV, re-sync to roku. Stumbled upon a video about the Infared light and viewing it with cell phone camera and sure enough the IR lights are not coming on like my other remotes. This product is less than a year old. How do I proceed to get a a replacement. 

3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote IR suddenly stopped working

Only wifi remotes have tv controls, if it was truly an IR remote there wouldn't be tv power or volume keys. Roku Ultra comes with Wifi voice remote, when paired to a Roku the remote wouldn't flash when pressing keys, it's not giving off IR commands, its RF. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Brandygram_13
Reel Rookie

Ok so then the real problem is the volume keys are not working. What do I do about that?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Straight out of the box the Roku remote could be controlling the Ultra by IR, in that state you have no tv controls, you have to pair the remote to ultra using the pairing button in the battery compartment. Once it's paired, go into the settings:

setting> remote & devices> remote> remote in USE> program tv> follow prompts

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos