Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slhendrickson
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote High Pitch Noise

Now my remote is doing this. It worked fine for well over a year and now it's making a high pitched noise and nothing works. Resetting it and trouble shooting it dies nothing. New batteries don't help.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @slhendrickson

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nicole_R

My remote is also making high pitched noises.  I have tried all the trouble shooting possibilities. Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nicole_R,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If this issue is not resolved with the Roku remote having a high-pitched noise, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team to further assist you in this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device and the troubleshooting steps you have done to try to resolve the issue.
Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MandoMTL

I got the same problem. Remote stopped working. Replaced the batteries with brand new. Now still doesn’t work and I hear this high pitch buzzing sound when I get my ear close to the remote.

0 Kudos
slhendrickson
Reel Rookie

FYI, mine was a total remote failure. I just purchased a new one on Amazon..no issues since 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MandoMTL,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your Roku remote and we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

We also recommend taking a look at our Support page to troubleshoot remote issues: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Badq45t
Reel Rookie

my remote is doing this now too. I  was trying to figure out what was making the noise and picked up the remote and sure enough it is like a cracking noise. Took batteries out and it goes away, but next to my bed very annoying.  Put batteris back in and starts up again. I suppose I know now why this remote that gets used very little (bedroom TV) eats batteires at least 2-3 times per year needs new ones.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Badq45t

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. In addition, this can be found on the back of the stick itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos