Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssunday
Reel Rookie

Remote High Pitch Noise

My Roku remote stopped working. When it stopped it started making a high pitch noise when you replace the batteries. How do you fix this issue. 

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote High Pitch Noise

Hi @ssunday,

Thanks for the post. I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help.

Could you please provide the serial number of your Roku device by going to Settings > System > About.

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
dan-abby
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I am also experiencing a high pitched noise from my remote. The remote does not work. Changing batteries does not help. Please advise.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @dan-abby

We'd love to help you out!

Please send us the model and the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. 

In the meantime, you can also use the Roku mobile app as a remote. To know how it works, visit this link: https://support.roku.com/article/217288467

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dan-abby
Reel Rookie

I tried sending you a private message with the info. Did you get it?

0 Kudos
genericjeff
Reel Rookie

i have 2 streaming stick+ that are doing this.  it happened 2 days apart.  first one quit, replaced the batteries, its started screaming and will not work.  Then 2 days later, the other did the same.   a bit upsetting, as these are fairly new devices that I now must replace.    Ive not had the best track record with Roku devices, they seem to become problematic, as I have had to replace devices in the past due to glitches or lack of response.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@genericjeff

Thanks for the post.

I have responded to the PM that you have sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have had this issue multiple times already. I've bought about 4 remotes already and have ended up with the same issue after some time. Everytime i have purchased new batteries and each one will continue to make the same noise and will not work. Each remote that I've gotten will last me several months and then one day it will just stop working and start making the high pitch sound. Im currently experiencing this issue again and I'll probably have to buy yet another remote.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Daniel632276,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community! 

Have you tried running the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here to get your remote back up and running? http://go.roku.com/remotehelp 

If you are still having any issues with your Roku remote after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Thanjs,
Mary

0 Kudos
jcfd84
Reel Rookie

Im having a similar issue. Ive replaced the batteries with brand new ones and no luck. All I hear is a high pitched noise coming from the remote but no button works, even after un-plugging and re-starting the roku. 

0 Kudos