Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AgentCPU0
Level 7

Remote Frequently Disconnects

I keep having issues with my Roku remote constantly disconnecting from my Roku. I could be scrolling through stuff to watch, and my remote will decide to not send the Roku itself any of my key presses, for no reason. I know batteries aren't the issue, I've had it happen with fresh ones. And I've tried the full system reset and re-pairing the remote to it that I've seen suggested. But it just keeps coming back. It's been happening for the past 2-3 months, and it makes no sense why it's even happening to begin with. And I would contact Roku directly if it weren't for the fact that they don't offer support for people with the Premier+. Outside of buying a new remote altogether, is there anything that I can do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote Frequently Disconnects

@AgentCPU0 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you have a Roku Premiere device, the remote is a standard IR remote, therefore there is no "connection". Your standard IR remote uses invisible infrared (IR) light to send the signal a short distance from the remote  to the front of your Roku device. To operate reliably, your IR remote must be pointed directly at your Roku device and there must be nothing that could block the signal.

For more information regarding IR remotes and troubleshooting, visit our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
AgentCPU0
Level 7

Except it isn't an IR remote. It's a point anywhere remote. And it's a Premier+ @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@AgentCPU0 

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Since you have a point anywhere remote, try looking at the troubleshooting steps on our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still having issues with your remote, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos