Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Remote Finder on Ultra

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with the new Ultra that I received yesterday from Amazon. The finder only works after recently pressing a button on the remote. 

I'm happy to know that Roku has identified the issue. How will we know when it has been fixed? Will we need a replacement unit?

Thanks very much , Scott

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

Is there an ETA on the update for the remote finder?  I purchased a Roku Ultra 4670X. Remote finder has only worked a few times, and I was considering taking it back for an exchange.  After reading this thread, it seems to be an issue with many new Ultras. Not sure what to do here?

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

The only thing I have heard and received a text from them saying they are working on it. So we all were mislead into buying this and it don't work. 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for following up. I'm a little embarrassed at how excited I was to upgrade my Roku to this one because of the remote finder feature. I should just put a tile onto it. That would have been cheaper. :-)

Apparently, the feature also works if have head with phones plugged into the remote well a program is playing. So it actually helped me find my remote with headphones plugged in.

So, it's a wonderful feature period And I hope Roku stands up and gets the job done to do it right.

--Scott

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

yes ,I think the problem is that if you have not used anything on the remote for over 7 seconds or so, that it goes to sleep and the finder won't wake it up. I noticed I have to push the power button twice to turn on my tv , just like the first push wakes the remote up.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

So it's been 3 months and this still isn't fixed. How slow is your software release cycle exactly? 3 months to fix a bug where the issue is supposedly already identified is pretty ridiculous.

No updates at all? Is the bug even assigned to a developer yet? Is it fixed but waiting to be assigned to a release? Is it actually scheduled for a future release on the calendar, and if so, approximately when can we expect it? This kind of information should not be hard to find out and share if there is anyone at all managing your development process.

I am so sick and tired of always looking for this remote. We find it, get a few hours of use out of it, then one of the kids sets it down someplace unexpected and it disappears for hours or days again. Never had these headaches with our old Ultra.

Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

It's probably easier to get new kids than to get Roku to comment on it's firmware development process.  :-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem as everyone else with the remote finder feature on my Roku Ultra. I couldn’t find the remote today & pressing the button on top of the Roku Ultra did not work. I don’t know if this will work for anyone else, but I was able to find the remote by using the Roku app on my phone. With my the phone app, I could control Roku on the TV, & then I selected “Settings - Remotes & Devices - Remotes- Remote in use - Find Remote.”  Lo & behold, my lost remote began to emit a sound. As mentioned previously, I don’t know if this will work for anyone else, but it could be a temporary workaround for some until Roku gets this problem solved. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

That's the way I usually try to find the lost remote and it's never made any difference to me.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Check out @PMX 's comments.  I've purchased no less than 7 Rokus, and this is the first time I've been disappointed.  Is there any fix in sight? Roku Ultra (4670 series)  

0 Kudos