Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Remote Finder on Ultra

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my Ultra purchased 11 days ago. First day my remote finder worked 2x while testing then stopped completely.

My remote will not make the finder sound regardless of distance or how recently I've pressed a button on the remote.

Finally today I was able to get the remote finder to work one time after a network connection reset on the Ultra. However the remote finder feature immediately stopped working on my second test about 20 seconds later. (And still isn't working as of this post)

I tried a network connection reset a 2nd time to test and the remote finder did not work even once.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same Problem and experience here. Just purchased New Roku Ultra this week on Amazon, Remote Batteries show 100%, Roku automictically updated software to the latest software version when initially set up and the remote finder is not working.  But then I thought it was working after I went to the settings and previewed the sound byte which played out of the remote.  I thought that was the trick to get it working, but after going back to the unit later it did not work.   Then even going back to the settings I could not even preview sound out of remote anymore.  This feature has bugs or I have a hardware problem on a new unit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello all,
I just bought my Roku Ultra in the last few weeks from Amazon and i'm having this issue too, the lost remote signal doesn't go off unless the remote has been used with the last few seconds, defeats the purpose of the button really.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yeah, same here. The remote finder did work the first couple of times I tried it when I first set up the device, but those might have been before the remote went to sleep. Now I don't even try to use it after twice trying to find a lost remote and noticing how useless the find lost remote feature is when it doesn't work.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that we have identified the issue and expect this to be resolved in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

hope that is soon, doesnt work on either of my two brand new ULTRAs

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue.  Brand new ultra won’t find the remote. Hope the fix is out soon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Remote Finder on Ultra does not work

Jump to solution

Just got a new Roku Ultra. The bar code tag on the box it came in it has model 4670RW. On the bottom of the device it shows 4670x. The device and the tag on the box show the same serial number. That seems odd.

The remote locator does not work at all. Battery shows 97%. The remote will play the locator sound if I select it from the TV/Roku menu.

It will not work from the button on top the RoKu box no matter what I do. I can use the remote, sit it next to the Roku box, push the locator button and nothing. The TV screen shows it's sending the signal and does a 60 second count down.

This is a feature I look for on any device with a remote.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

The model suffixes has nothing to do with whether remote finder works or not. RW means it was purchased at Walmart. It probably comes with a vudu key on the remote. And the Fandango Now app is just tile like the rest of the apps and not positioned prominently along the left side menu items. The Roku, its accessories, and the box it comes in has the R suffix in the model name and stands for Retail. The Roku themselves just the device has the X suffix in its model. Way back R was for roku sold in brick & mortar stores. Where the X was for Roku sold on-line but that has changed. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

brand new ultra and my remote finder doesn’t work. Following this thread for more information.  Thanks all!

0 Kudos